Welcome :)




Hello and welcome to my humble blog:)


My name is Daniela and I’m a 17 year old schoolgirl living in Zagreb, Croatia. Besides being a typical high school student, I have a passion for animals, movies, music and good food (only eating – I cant cook to save my life). In my short spare time I have between after school activities and studying, i can usually be found out with my friends or being bitten by our evil black pet cat.

I enjoy reading, Christmas time and going to the movies – its almost like therapy to me – and usually find it very difficult to introduce myself. Well, that’s pretty much the basic information about me in a nutshell.

Read more...



Thursday, 27 June 2013

Ready, set...


Summer is here, the grass is green, school is out and here I am once again in front of my computer! Sorry for being gone for so long, but it seems to me that this years school finale was the most difficult one to date…Exams galore! But anyway, I got through those and even managed to finish a week early (which was well used for sleeping) so I’m re-energized, fresh and ready to have an amazing summer!  


The program starts in a couple of days and I have to say I couldn’t be more stoked about it…All the paperwork is filled out, my suitcases are packed and besides the last finishing touches it seems that I’m pretty much packed and ready to go! To be honest, being the worrier that I am, I thought that I would be a bit more nervous about going off to a foreign county by myself for the first time, but I’m actually surprisingly calm. I think the fact that everyone around me seems to be just as happy as I am about this trip has left no room for any sort of fear or nervousness…which is actually a great thing, because what is there to be nervous about? It’s an once in a lifetime opportunity and an amazing experience, so why not enjoy it to the maximum, right? Also, I guess going over all the personalized wish and “be-sure-to-do-that” lists everyone has given me took up some potential worrying time and made me even more excited…so thanks everyone, I’ll be sure to get you what I can :P




Anyway, hopefully this positive atmosphere is here to stay and nervousness won’t kick in at the airport…I’ve promised myself that I’m going to take heaps of photos (since it’s something I usually forget to do), so I’ll be sure to post them on facebook or the blog for you to see what I’m up to…I mean, it’s you guys that got me here, so why wouldn’t I take you on this trip with me, even if it’s through a couple of photos! It’s the least I can do to thank you! I’ll be sure to put them up as often as I can and I’ll to put all of the photos into one album when I get back so you don’t miss anything :) (Also, if you’re interested in what I’m going to be doing while at CATS, you can check out the three week itinerary here– doesn’t it sound amazing?)…



Anyway, I guess that’s about it – there’s nothing more to do except board the plane! Thank you once again for all of your help and support, I know I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: there would be no suitcases to pack or trip at all if it wasn’t for all of you!



Well, I guess I better go over what I’ve packed  - and make sure I didn’t accidentally forget my camera again :P…I don’t know what’s ahead, but if this preparation process is any indicator to what the actual trip is going to be like, I’m for an amazing journey! Wish me luck ;)



Until later!