Welcome :)




Hello and welcome to my humble blog:)


My name is Daniela and I’m a 17 year old schoolgirl living in Zagreb, Croatia. Besides being a typical high school student, I have a passion for animals, movies, music and good food (only eating – I cant cook to save my life). In my short spare time I have between after school activities and studying, i can usually be found out with my friends or being bitten by our evil black pet cat.

I enjoy reading, Christmas time and going to the movies – its almost like therapy to me – and usually find it very difficult to introduce myself. Well, that’s pretty much the basic information about me in a nutshell.

Read more...



Tuesday, 23 April 2013

So...what's next?


I’m back! How long has it been…3 weeks? Gee, time really does fly!

Well, the sun is out, the grass is green and here I am again in front of my computer…I can’t believe it’s already been almost a month since the scholarship announcements! (probably because I’m still in that weird ecstatic state of shock…luckily it’s gotten milder, but I’m still surprised whenever I think about it...)

So what have I been up to lately? Well, I have to say that the last month or so have been rather fun and exciting (if you don’t count all the exams and school assignments of course :P )… 
Since the TV show , my choir has gotten lots of calls and been invited to sing for certain events, so we’ve had a few performances on, and we got a call last week from HTV inviting us to perform in the final of “Do posljednjeg zbora”…besides that, we’ve also been working full speed in order to prepare for our first big concert, so if you add school, Easter, other projects, visiting relatives and, of course, the scholarship into the mix…lets just say that I’ve been having a very interesting month ;)


But yes, a lot of you have been asking me what’s the next step regarding the scholarship and the blog. Well, I recently had a meeting with BHV and they explained and filled me in on all the details…and it seems that I will be leaving for London on Sunday, June 30th !

They were extremely helpful and nice, they made sure to explain the entire process and give me extra information about the course…I have to say, the more I heard about the entire program, the more excited I became, I think I’ll be crossing off the days until my departure!



(Un)fortunately for me and all students, the end of the school year is coming up, so I’ll most likely have to focus on my studies and finals, meaning I probably wont be able to blog much during the next month or so...:( But don’t worry, as soon as finals are over, I’ll make sure to fill you in on everything that’s going on and the whole preparation process – you wont miss a thing! I just wanted you to know why I won’t be around during the next few weeks, but I promise, I’ll try to post something for you guys whenever I get the chance! :)



As i was saying, in case your interested, the choir I’m in will be on TV this Saturday on HTV1, and I must say, we are all extremely honored to be invited to sing again (and such an amazing song too!) that we can all barely wait for Saturday…As i said, we're going to be singing an amazing song (which i sadly cant name for you due to broadcasting issues...secrets can sure be a pain sometimes!), so all I can say is that we hope you guys will enjoy watching it as much as we enjoy singing it! Well, that’s all from me for now…thank you once again for all of your help and support, none of this wouldn’t be happening if it wasn’t for all of you! Anyway, I’m off to memorize the lyrics of our song, I hope you guys are doing great and I promise to be back as soon as I can!



Until later!