Welcome :)




Hello and welcome to my humble blog:)


My name is Daniela and I’m a 17 year old schoolgirl living in Zagreb, Croatia. Besides being a typical high school student, I have a passion for animals, movies, music and good food (only eating – I cant cook to save my life). In my short spare time I have between after school activities and studying, i can usually be found out with my friends or being bitten by our evil black pet cat.

I enjoy reading, Christmas time and going to the movies – its almost like therapy to me – and usually find it very difficult to introduce myself. Well, that’s pretty much the basic information about me in a nutshell.

Read more...



Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Thank you!


So, interesting story…I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to thank you guys for being so amazing and supportive. I had a lot to say and it didn’t feel right for me to write it down in a simple blog post like everything else…so I decided to make you a little video, just to say thank you in a more personal way…So, I started up the web-cam, did my best to solve the numerous problems that repeatedly tried to stop me from executing my plan, figured out how to upload it onto the blog and even changed the video format to make it smaller. I filmed the video and put it up, only to realize that the microphone had refused to cooperate and filmed only a quarter of the sound. I had made a half-mute video...remember how I was saying that I’m technologically challenged? I actually mentioned it in the video! That's irony for you! Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be...:(


Well, I just wanted to thank you all enourmously for being so supportive and helping me through this big blogging adventure of mine. These last few months have been more enjoyable than I ever imagined they would be, and they've been like that because of all of you! I never even dreamed that there could be this many people supporting me and trying to help me achieve my dream, so the fact that there’s so many of you and that you’ve been so kind really touches my heart...Scholarship or not, this experience has been amazing and it’s something I’m going to remember for a very long time.


 Thanks to BHV and CATS for offering such and amazing scholarship and for giving me the opportunity to be a part of it and apply. I’ve learnt so many things along the way, met so many people, figured out what I need to do and which way I need to go to make my dreams a reality…This has been a whole new and amazing experience for me and, as I said, it wouldn’t have been nearly as enjoyable and educational if it wasn’t for all of you and your support!

Lot’s of great students have applied for this scholarship, and tomorrow’s the big decision day, so to the future winner – whoever you are –  I hope that program turns out to be everything and more than you imagined, that it helps you reach your goal, I hope you rock the Oxbridge interview and enroll in Oxford or Cambridge (if I’m lucky enough, I might even get the chance to see you there ;) ). So go and get them and be sure to have fun for us too!



Once again, thank you to everybody who visited the page, joined the group, sent in messages and photos, commented or even just stopped me in the hallway to wish me luck :  You guys often made my day and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I just can't thank you enough! I wish there was a way to thank each and every one of you personally (and all 1270 of you in the group at the moment - I still can't believe that there's so many of you!), but the next best thing sort of backfired on me…Nevertheless, know that I’m deeply grateful and that you’ve made the last three months unimaginatively fun and amazing :)

I leave you with the result of my not-so-successful attempt at making a thank-you video, just in case you have extra-good speakers or dog-like hearing – if nothing else, it can be an amusing reminder of my technological ignorance!...or you can just watch me blink too many times...Whichever you choose, I hope you have a good laugh ;)



Until later!