Welcome :)




Hello and welcome to my humble blog:)


My name is Daniela and I’m a 17 year old schoolgirl living in Zagreb, Croatia. Besides being a typical high school student, I have a passion for animals, movies, music and good food (only eating – I cant cook to save my life). In my short spare time I have between after school activities and studying, i can usually be found out with my friends or being bitten by our evil black pet cat.

I enjoy reading, Christmas time and going to the movies – its almost like therapy to me – and usually find it very difficult to introduce myself. Well, that’s pretty much the basic information about me in a nutshell.

Read more...



Sunday, 3 February 2013

Why THIS scholarship?


A lot of time has past since my last post – 17 days to be exact. Alright, 17 days is not really that long, but it seems to me like it’s been ages.
For everybody that doesn’t know, in Croatia the end of January/beginning of February is “competition time”, probably the most hectic time of the school year, besides finals. Mix competition time with loads of tests, rehearsals and extremely long book assignments (read: Anna Karenina and Crime and Punishment), and you get two crazy weeks during which you don’t have enough time to write a simple blog post.

To fill you in: the snow has melted, Frosty the family Snowman is still standing tall and I’ve successfully finished both of my books assignments (reading, all together, 1575 pages!). I’ve prepared for my competitions, written all my exams, gone to all my rehearsals and now, I’ve finally gotten a bit of down time…all to myself…So, instead of becoming a human couch potato for the next 48 hours, I’ve decided to use my short spare time some-what wisely by writing a quick post for you guys. 

Since I wrote about scholarships in general last time, I thought id just quickly say a little something about why I was drawn to this particular scholarship as supposed to others. Firstly, I like the fact that the scholarship itself is rather straight forward. There’s no fine print to look out for or sneaky catch to it – it’s just a scholarship for a really awesome program (if you happened to have read the previous post, you know what I mean when I say that that’s a rare thing to come by)…Also, when I started reading up on the program, I found that the more I learnt about it, the more I liked it…It’s unlike anything being offered in my country and something I could really benefit from for many reasons.

Personally, I feel that the program offered could greatly prepare me for realizing my goal of studying at Oxford or Cambridge. Not only could it provide me with crucial information to help achieve my goal, but would also provide me with excellence in writing, speaking skills and critical thinking skills that would be useful not only for college, but in every aspect of my academic and working life…It would help improve my study skills, my English knowledge – something that’s of an everyday importance for me - and it would help guide me towards my previously mentioned goal…Also, I’ve secretly always dreamed of attending such a course in England, so being able to ACTUALLY attend one and get an unique learning experience like that would be a dream come true…Plus - it would also give me an extra boost of motivation to do my absolute best in my studies…oh, the list of reasons just goes on for days…

There really are many reasons why getting this scholarship would be amazing, but I better stop now…ill end up writing another insanely long post, constantly coming up with new reasons why it would be awesome…Well, I guess it’s time to go put on the Oscar nominations and unite with the couch…Promise to try and keep the posts more frequent from now on:)

Untill later!